16 November 2007

dramatic fall sunset

I love this witchy look the sky gets every once in a while

Knitting: I don't even have number one of two finished yet, but I got so excited about having the hand of one mitten knitted, that I took pictures on the way to work this morning, and now I'm posting them. Look at my partially knitted mitten!

thankga inspired faire isle back (left mitten)


traditional fair isle palm



two side views

Yarn: blue sky ALPACAS suri merino yarn in earth and snow (colors)
Pattern: Generic Fair Isle from Hello Yarn -- graphic drawn by me
Needles: US #3 dpns
More specifics to come with the stitch pattern (it'll be free, of course)

These mittens were heavily inspired by three sources: Eunny Jang's Anemoi Mittens, Hello Yarn's Generic Fair Isle Patterns for the People, and thangka paintings.

The bsA (blue sky ALPACA) suri merino is creating a soft (cheek-strokingly soft), fuzzy, dense fabric. To proofread the pattern once it's finished, I'm going to knit another pair on slightly larger dpns with the same yarn and see if I can get a less dense, larger pair. I'll post dimensions with the pattern, of course. I feel fairly optimistic that I'll be able to get both pairs out of the two skeins of the bsA suri merino.

Like Eunny's Anemoi mittens, the backs of these mittens are asymmetrical. When both mittens are knitted, the backs of each will be mirror-images of each other.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

E, they look awesome!! I can't wait to see them in person and stroke them on my cheek, too! MMMMM, Suri Dream...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home