12 January 2006

ANIMALS RULE!

I meant to post a different picture today, but it'll have to wait. Here's a baby quilt that I should have ironed before photographing...IRON? huh? what? Oh, that thing with the pointy tip that gets hot on the bottom? I mostly wear t-shirts and sweaters and jeans. Pretty sad. I made this quilt for my friends, Holly & Kevin & their new baby, but I still haven't sent it. Pretty sad indeed.

I watched Werner Herzog's Grizzly Man last night (hence the title of this post). Wow. I'm so glad that I didn't see it in the theater because I had some pretty intense reactions (screaming, snorting, gasping, & etc.) that I'm not sure the audience around me would have enjoyed. I can't get Timothy Treadwell's voice out of my head today. My friend, Jessie, is having the same experience, but we keep hearing different sound bites. I hear, "NO, NO. DON'T DO THAT. NO. BAD BEAR. NO. Oh, I love you. I love you. I love you. OK. Yes, I love you. Good bear." That might be slightly misquoted, but the message is identical to Timothy Treadwell's. I'm also hearing, "That's a BIG Bear, that's a BIG Bear! That's a BIG BEAR !"

So, I'm new to blogs and I have a lot to learn. One thing I need to learn now is: when people have a button that you can "take," how do you take it? I've been linking to the location of their image, but is that the proper protocol?? I've sent some appropriate emails out, but until then, I'll be placing their buttons on my site by using their image location. Is that rude? The LAST thing I want to do is offend the very people I'd like to befriend! Ai yaaaaa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home