06 December 2007

I don't know why

what makes a person decide to knit a fair isle hat that features elephants? even though I'm that person, I don't know! the thing is—these fair isle hats knit up so quickly that if one wakes up in the morning with the urge to knit elephants into a hat and happens to have some appropriate yarn hanging around, one might end up with a hat featuring elephants before a consideration #2.

but it's warm and comfy!

top view

modelled

pattern: my own design (I promise to post the pattern soon) on Hello Yarn's generic Norwegian hat pattern
yarn: Rowan Cashcotton 4-ply (35% cotton, 25% polyamide, 18% angora, 13% viscose, 9% cashmere
gear: #3 Addi Turbo 16" circular needles
suggestion: use the jogless fair isle method (I didn't, and I don't think the shift is noticable, but I think it would have been a good idea anyway)

One day, I'm going to hold off on posting projects until I have photos that have been created in considered photo shoots. That's someday though. For now, I'm going to remain impatient and sloppy.

2 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

I LOVE it and cannot wait for the pattern!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger e said...

awww, shucks Jenn! I'll get busy on the pattern immediately : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home