26 January 2006

whatevs!

I've got just enough time to say that it's nice to know I'm not alone with my thoughts about socks. I was at one of my local yarn shops a couple of weeks ago and I overheard the owner say, "Well, you know, it's like those people who knit socks..." I didn't hear the rest of his statement because his voice was dripping with disdain. Right, right, he was saying something nice, I'm sure. Anyways, when I recovered from his spitting venom, I immediately thought, "Hey, wow, I'm part of a knitting subculture. Cool." When I look at the blogs of others who love socks, (e.g. Jenn & Erica) I see that they knit other things too. Those who knit socks, whatever.

1 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Well I hope no one ever gifts him handknit socks! What a chump!
I do love knitting socks, but I do love knitting other stuff too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home