17 October 2006

Oh pretty green!


I feel weird admitting to this, but I kind of enjoy rain. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not some kind of goth who has issues with happy, dazzling sunlight. I’m just saying that rain doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom. Besides being a part of the water cycle (valued highly by me), the presence of rain generally means that there are clouds overhead, which generally means that the sun isn’t beating down, which generally means that all sorts of greens can be seen outside. If you ask me, that’s pretty cool.

I love work too. I know; I’m a total freak. Admittedly, I’m in the honeymoon phase with my job, but I truly like it. Now, I’m not one of those people who are constantly working, but I do have a long day and if I’m being very truthful, it hasn’t been so easy balancing work-life with weekday socializing. OK, so one of my friends told me that I’ve been a pretty crappy friend since I’ve begun working. I am trying to rectify the situation and thought that I’d begin by sharing a part of my life: a photo of my new cube!

It’s cute and I like it. You got beef with that? (not you)

P.S. My muse, Heather, a.k.a. Sassy Slaw, has just finished one of her Monster Slippers. This is a huge achievement given the near un-followable directions provided to her. She's very patient and very nice and very tenacious.

P.P.S. Have you seen this? It's my inspiration of the day. I suck at crochet, but I intend to copycat the (crocheted) shawl my friend, Tifanee, is making. Dude, I’m in need of some serious crochet mentoring.

2 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger zebbiepie said...

That's one hot looking cube! I wish you were featured in the picture so we could see you actively enjoying your work!!

That crochet sweater is great. Now I want one. Let's crochet together...I'll be starting a great skirt soon and we can answer each others questions...I'll show you how to crochet and you can show me how to read the dang pattern!!

much love, sassy slaw

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Hello! Of course I remember you! Sadly though, I will not be at Rhinebeck - that was bitter Jenn who got loose on the blog there. But you have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home